StudentLingo is a series of interactive on-demand workshops, action plans, and valuable resources focused on helping students achieve their academic, personal, and career goals. Workshops can be purchased individually or in packages.
Academic & Career Exploration
- Maximizing Your College Experience (PDF)
- What It Takes To Be A Successful Student (PDF)
- Exploring Careers & Choosing A Major (PDF)
- Mastering The Job Interview (PDF)
- Writing Effective Resumes & Cover Letters (PDF)
- Creating Your College Bucket List: Explore, Experience, Succeed (PDF)
Reading & Writing Strategies
- Pre-Writing Techniques: Planning & Idea Development (PDF)
- Developing A Strong Thesis Statement (PDF)
- Drafting Introductions, Body Paragraphs & Conclusions (PDF)
- The Revision Process: How To Proofread & Edit Your Writing (PDF)
- Reading Comprehension Strategies (PDF)
Learning to Learn
- Classroom Expectations & Behaviors (PDF)
- Developing Critical Thinking Skills (PDF)
- Handling Failure In & Out Of The Classroom (PDF)
- Preparing For Final Exams (PDF)
- Study Tips & Note-Taking Strategies (PDF)
- How To Reduce Test Anxiety (PDF)
- Understanding & Avoiding Plagiarism (PDF)
- Learning Strategies Every Student Should Know (PDF)
- Exam Preparation Tips & Test-Taking Strategies (PDF)
- How To Overcome Math Anxiety (PDF)
- How To Succeed In Math (PDF)
- 10 Habits Of Mind For College Success (PDF)
- The Difference Between High School & College (PDF)
- Information Literacy: How To Master College Research (PDF)
- Academic Integrity: The Do's and Don'ts (PDF)
- How Your Personality Style May Impact Your Academic Success (PDF)
- Time Management: Strategies For Success (PDF)
- Overcoming Procrastination: Causes & Cures (PDF)
- Financial Literacy: Smart Money Skills For College & Beyond (PDF)
- Stress Management Techniques (PDF)
- Navigating The Financial Aid Process (PDF)
- Improving Student-Faculty Relationships (PDF)
- How To Develop Your Cross-Cultural Skills (PDF)
- Setting & Accomplishing Realistic Goals (PDF)
- How To Achieve Well-Being, Balance & Success (PDF)
- Emotional Intelligence: The Other Key To Academic Success (PDF)
- Mental Health & Suicide: Helping Yourself & Others (PDF)
- Sexual Violence Awareness & Prevention: A Title IX Training For Students (PDF)
- 10 Tips For Success In Your Online Course (PDF)
- Effectively Communicating Online (PDF)
- Online Courses: Staying Motivated & Disciplined (PDF)
- Taking Tests Online: Strategies For Success (PDF)
- Accessible 24/7
- Unlimited institutional access, serve all students for 1 low fee
- Action plans tailored to each workshop
- Additional Resources for each topic
- Branded website
- Web Portal and LMS compatible
- ADA Compliant - Fully accessible
- Reports - Receive monthly participation report on an individual student level
- Access to student evaluation data on a monthly basis
- "I would like to say thank you, the time management videos and advices work just great for me, I used the weekly schedule form that you gave in the videos and it's amazing how can you manage your time. Thank you so much." (sic)
- "Overall the workshop was very helpful, but the most important thing I learned today was how to pay attention and assess my study skills which helped me relax and relieve my anxiety." (sic)
- "I rate the presentation as excellent because the examples given were from students experiences and also discussed the most important issues the student may face that hinder him/her from focusing and losing their academic progress." (sic)
- "Overall all the strategies discussed in the [what is takes to be a successful student] workshop are very helpful, but the most helpful and beneficial strategy is cognitive restructuring, turning something into a positive by self-reflection."
- "Thank you so much for your help! I was able to get a 91% on my test. I am so excited! I applied all the [test anxiety workshop] techniques especially telling myself that I was prepared for the test. I feel so much better, I will apply this to every test or project coming up. It feels so good to be able to remember everything I study. Thanks again." (sic)
College of Southern Nevada
"One of our fundamental goals in building Student Lingo into our curriculum at the College of Southern Nevada was to help close student success equity gaps by focusing on raising success rates of our lower achieving student groups. An analysis of CSN's data highlighted that our non-Asian minority male students were less successful in their courses than most other student groups. Overall, we found that students who used Student Lingo tended to do better in their classes (particularly those courses that were deemed 'challenging' based on average completion rates) than students who did not use Student Lingo. Even more encouraging, our Non-Asian minority male students who used Student Lingo succeeded in their classes at a higher rate as compared to our Non-Asian minority male students who did not use Student Lingo. Now into our fourth year of using Student Lingo, we could not be more pleased with the student success outcomes that we have helped our students achieve. We believe, at least in part, that Student Lingo continues to help us increase our student success rates in multiple areas— Course completions are up, student retention is up and degree completions are up!"
~ James McCoy, Associate Vice President, Academic Affairs, College of Southern Nevada
Southeastern Community College
"With budget cuts in every area of Student Services, and more students in dire need of personal services, StudentLingo workshops have been our dream come true! At Southeastern Community College, we were able to use our Title III funding to purchase workshops to help meet our students' needs. In my role as faculty, I can say that my students always gain a great deal from completing the Learning Styles Survey. It helps them understand how they learn material fastest and provides strategies to transform common lecture/textbook material into the style that works best for each of them. With less staff and increased student needs at every end of the spectrum, I simply cannot express how much these workshops have helped us, to help our students, in ways we could not otherwise do at this point in time. From note-taking skills, to stress management, to mastering an interview, our students now have access to necessary information at virtually any time they need or want it!"
~ Lisa Santiago, Title III Retention Specialist, Psychology & Art Adjunct Faculty, Southeastern Community College, West Burlington, Iowa
What is a live webinar?
A live webinar is an interactive online training. Participants can communicate with the presenter(s) during the event via a live chat feature.
What is an on-demand webinar and how do I get access?
An on-demand training is a previously recorded webinar available online for faculty and staff to access anytime, anywhere. You can register for on-demand trainings at any time. You typically receive a link to the recording and handouts within 24 hours of registration.
How long are the webinars?
Webinars can be 30, 45, 60, 90 or 120 minutes. Please check the webinar page for the exact timeframe.
How do I register?
You can register online by adding the product to your shopping cart. You can also register by fax, email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or mail by completing the paper-based registration form. The paper-based registration form is unique to each webinar and is available on each product page.
How do I request accommodations?
For captioning, please contact us 7 days in advance. 303.955.0415 or email@example.com
When do I register?
You can register at any time, even the morning of the live event. If the live event has occurred, you can purchase the on-demand training (recording) of the session. You can register for on-demand trainings at any time.
What is the process for attending a live event?
The process is as follows:
- We email participants login instructions approximately 1 week prior to the live event.
- We email participants a link to the PowerPoint (.pdf) and any additional handouts approximately 1-2 days prior to the live event. Participants can make copies for attendees if desired.
- We give a courtesy reminder call the day before the live event.
- On the day of the live event, participants can login 30 minutes prior to the start time. Once logged in, participants can see the PowerPoint slides, ask questions, and make comments via the chat feature.
- We email participants a link to the recording the Monday following the live event.
Is there a recording available? And how long is the recording good for?
Approximately one week after the conclusion of the live webinar, participants will receive a link to the recording which can be forwarded to all faculty and staff for viewing anytime, anywhere. The recording is a campus access license and is available for one year from the date of the live event.
What are the technical requirements?
Innovative Educators uses WebEx as its web conferencing provider. If you have not previously attended a WebEx event, please Join a Test Meeting to make sure your computer is compatible with WebEx. Be sure to complete this test prior to the live event. System Requirements - Webex System Requirements
What equipment is required?
For individual or small group viewing, a computer with a reliable Internet connection and audio capabilities are all that’s needed. For large group presentations, we recommend a computer with a reliable Internet connection and speakers, as well as an LCD projector. Participants can call in via phone if they are having trouble retrieving the audio over the computer. Please be sure to reserve a meeting room prior to the live event that can accommodate these requirements as well as your attendees. You should reserve the room 30 minutes prior to the webinar start time and you may want to allow at least 15-30 minutes after the webinar for discussion.
How much does a live webinar or on-demand training cost?
1 Training (Live Webinar or On-Demand Training) - $425 Unlimited connections, campus-wide access license to the recording for one year.
- 2 Trainings - $645 Unlimited connections, recording for one year (campus-wide access)
- 3 Trainings - $900 Unlimited connections, recording for one year (campus-wide access)
- 6 Trainings - $1500 Unlimited connections, recording for one year (campus-wide access)
What type of payment do you accept?
You may pay with a credit card (MasterCard or Visa), PO, check, or electronic transfer of funds. You can email us (firstname.lastname@example.org), call 303-955-0415 or fax 1.866.508.0860.
Where do I send payment?
Please mail checks and POs to our mailing address:
3277 Carbon Place
Boulder, CO 80301
What is your cancellation policy?
Below is a breakdown of our cancellation policy.
- 30 days prior: Full refund
- 14 days prior: $100 processing fee
- Fewer than 14 days: Credit toward another IE event. Please note that registration for the live webinar includes access to the recording which you can share, as it is a campus access license. We email the recording the Monday following the live event. For questions, please email us or call 303.955.0415.
What are the benefits of online training?
Cost-Effective: No travel required. Online Training is an innovative way to provide your entire faculty and staff with a variety of professional development opportunities for one low price! The more you train the more you save, as the registration fee is per institution, not per person.
Easy: You will receive a detailed list of instructions via email. If you run into any problems, we're always here to help.
Practical: Our training sessions focus on the most critical and relevant issues facing educators today. Our primary goal is to provide participants with the information, training, and skills necessary to immediately implement positive change at their institutions.
Top-Notch Presenters: Our presenters are subject matter experts and recognized in their field.
Value Added: When you purchase an online training, you also receive a campus-wide access license to the recording for one year. Faculty and staff can access it as often as they like from any location.
Satisfaction Guaranteed: Our online training is 100% guaranteed. If you are not satisfied, we will give you a credit for a future webinar or on-demand training of your choice (of equal or lesser value).
How can we use these trainings?
- Live: Promote and attend a live webinar and debrief immediately following.
- Hybrid: Distribute the recording to all faculty and staff at the beginning of each month and plan a discussion session at the end of the month to determine how you will implement the strategies presented.
- On-Demand: Distribute the recording to faculty and staff so they can watch anytime, anywhere.
In-Service Training: Plan an in-service around a live webinar or schedule a day and time to show the recording in a lecture hall or large conference room and invite faculty and staff to brainstorm and discuss implications for your institution.
Online Faculty and Staff Learning Communities: Distribute the recording to faculty and staff so they can watch anytime, anywhere.
Staff Recognition: Develop a program around the webinar with monthly themes and recognize the staff members that implement the best idea related to the theme.
Team-Building: Utilize these trainings to develop cross-functional and cross-discipline teams to foster collegiality.
New Employee Training: Include the online training as part of your new employee training program to ensure consistency.
Implementation and Follow-Up: Use the guide and evaluation materials provided by Innovative Educators to plan, implement, and track your progress.