50 Video Workshops Focused On Student Success
Features & Benefits
Workshop DescriptionsView Pricing Buy Now
Learning To Learn
- 10 Habits of Mind for College Success
- Academic Integrity: The Do's and Don'ts
- Classroom Expectations & Behaviors
- Developing Critical Thinking Skills
- Exam Preparation Tips & Test-Taking Strategies
- Handling Failure In & Out Of The Classroom
- How To Overcome Math Anxiety
- How To Reduce Test Anxiety
- How To Succeed In Math
- How To Work In Groups: Creating A Productive & Positive Learning Experience
- Information Literacy: How To Master College Research
- Learning Strategies Every Student Should Know
- Preparing For Final Exams
- Study Tips & Note-Taking Strategies
- The Difference Between High School & College
- Understanding & Avoiding Plagiarism
Academic & Career Explorations
Reading & Writing Strategies
- Eating Disorders: Types, Causes, Symptoms & Support
- Emotional Intelligence: The Other Key To Academic Success
- Financial Literacy: Smart Money Skills For College & Beyond
- How To Achieve Well-Being, Balance & Success
- How To Develop Your Cross-Cultural Skills
- How Your Personality Style May Impact Your Academic Success
- Improving Student-Faculty Relationships
- Mental Health & Suicide: Helping Yourself & Others
- Navigating The Financial Aid Process
- Overcoming Procrastination: Causes & Cures
- Setting & Accomplishing Realistic Goals
- Sexual Violence Awareness & Prevention: A Title IX Training For Students
- Stress Management Techniques
- Time Management: Strategies For Success
What Our Clients Are Saying
After one year, we realize that we can use the resources in many ways... in the classroom, in personal coaching, and in individual student learning.
Angela Waltrip, Lee University
We use SL as the textbook for our First Year Experience Course. And when I look at the number of students that are using StudentLingo the cost per student is very affordable!
Todd Parks, Piedmont Valley Community College
SL takes real situations and they give real solutions. They give real examples for those solutions so we can actually apply them to what we are doing.
Student usage rates were high, and feedback from students and faculty was really positive.
Julia Winden-Fey, University Central Arkansas
Having SL as part of the Online Orientation was one of the best decisions. It saved us time and money.
Norm Lee, Cayuga Community College
What is StudentLingo?
StudentLingo is a fully-hosted series of 50 online student success workshops designed to support student learning, personal growth, and health & wellness. Topics include: Time Management, Stress Management, Study Skills, How To Take Tests Online and more. All 50 workshops are closed captioned in English & Spanish, include resources & activities, and have certificates of completion.
You can watch all of the videos in full by accessing our free trial or you can get a custom tour by scheduling a demo.
What topics are available?
Use this document to view all StudentLingo Workshop Descriptions. Each training is a stand-alone workshop, and they can be viewed in any order. However, we have organized them into 6 overarching categories:
- Academic & Career Exploration
- Reading & Writing Strategies
- Learning to Learn
- Personal Management
- Online Learning
- Success Strategies
How long are the student success videos?Each workshop is approximately 15-25 minutes long.
What is included with the online workshops?Each workshop comes with a tailored action plan, additional resources, captioning in English & Spanish, transcripts, and a certificate of completion.
Are their certificates of completion available?Yes. Every workshop has a certificate of completion, easily accessed from the student dashboard. Students can also print a certificate summary for a transcript of all completed workshops.
How are colleges using your student success workshops?
Are your student success workshops ADA compliant?Our student workshops are ADA accessible WCAG 2.0, 2.1 AA standards, and we can provide a VPAT upon request.
Are your student success workshops mobile responsive?Yes, our student success workshops are responsive on any mobile device, tablet or computer.
Does implementation of the student success workshops require IT involvement?The beauty of our student success workshops is that IT involvement is not required. However, if you want to have single-sign-on or data integration, then please refer to our IE’s Knowledge Base as IT will need to be involved.
What do your student success workshops cost?
StudentLingo, our student success workshops can be used to support student learning for one low institutional fee. The StudentLingo workshops are sold a la carte or in a variety of packages. You can pick and choose what works best for you and your students.
*May qualify as an expenditure funded by CARES Act allocations. Please check HEERF guidelines.
What reports are available?You get monthly usage and evaluation reports included with StudentLingo, and we also have a robust administrative view to view user-progress and engagement.
How have other schools leveraged reporting?
- Top 10 Ways Faculty Can Use StudentLingo
- One of our partners, College of Southern Nevada, used StudentLingo to measure learning outcomes. In a study, one class had access to StudentLingo and the other cohort did not. 92% of the cohort with access to StudentLingo earned a whole letter grade higher than the cohort without StudentLingo.
- A lot of our partners use the data to justify funding for grants, operating dollars, or for new program development.
- The evaluation data is particularly useful in identifying what type of learning students prefer and the qualitative takeaways from viewing the workshop.
- Some of our partners use the data to connect with their student information system, like Banner or Peoplesoft.
- I think a great way to get started on how you want to use the data is to ask yourself some questions:
- How will I know if StudentLingo was successful?
- What do I hope students will gain from access to StudentLingo?
- What data is important for me to know in order to show that StudentLingo is a worthwhile purchase?
Do you offer any discounts on your student success workshops?
Yes, we offer several kinds of discounts, so be sure to speak with our partner relations team.
- We offer multi-year discounts when contracting for more than one year and paying upfront.
- We offer bundling discounts when you buy multiple products.
- Also, schools have used CARES funding and grant funds to pay for our products. Please check HEERF guidelines.
- There is reduced pricing available for California colleges as part of our agreement with CollegeBuys