Comprehensive Orientation & 20 Student Success Workshops
Features & Benefits
- Prepare students for online learning using on-demand videos
- Explain processes, tools & technology applications using screencasts
- Assess student readiness with an interactive quizzing tool
- Boost student confidence with 20 skill-building workshops
- Close skill gaps using workshops focused on time management, test-taking & how to take tests online
- Improve retention by encouraging faculty to integrate workshops into their courses
- Reinforce learning with instructor-created action plans
- Connect online support tools or programs using one platform
- Create online community by connecting students to campus resources
- Foster student connections using discussion boards & social sharing
- Introduce students, faculty & staff using custom vignettes
- Feature your academic programs & services using interactive pages
Tracking & Completion
- Motivate learners using certificates, badging & printable certificate summary
- Track learner progress via monthly usage reports
- Gain valuable insight into students’ needs using evaluation feedback
- Provide quantitative & qualitative data for funding & grants
- Personalized dashboard for all students
- Mobile responsive & ADA accessible with WCAG 2.1 compliance
- Easily create, edit, and update content in real time
- Train & support staff with a robust online resource center
- Reduce password fatigue & simplify the login process using SSO
- Enhance the user experience through contextual deep linking
- Receive completion data in real time using webhooks
- Deliver & track live sessions within your orientation site
What Students Are Saying
Very informative, and helpful. It truly gave me the skills and tips necessary to succeed online.
The orientation provided a lot of helpful information for people who are unfamiliar with online learning and it seemed to cover everything I personally needed.
The interaction kept me engaged. Helped me get excited for online learning!
The orientation addressed everything I needed to know in order to be successful while taking online courses. I feel prepared for what's next on my academic journey.
Very helpful resource to get students ready for a new experience with virtual learning. I appreciated the ideas and strategies to maximize my learning for the fall.
It covered topics that will help new students and current students gain confidence.
What is our OnlineLingo?OnlineLingo (OL) is a fully-hosted online orientation solution with 20 student support workshops from our StudentLingo (SL) offerings to help prepare students for success in online learning. This comprehensive solution allows colleges to provide engaging content, track individual student progress, and deliver a dynamic onboarding experience.
How can I view your orientation for online learners?You can view an example by going to www.go2ie.com/onlinelearningtrial and selecting online learning from the dashboard.
What video options are available with your online orientation solution?OnlineLingo is a turnkey orientation solution with on-demand content that can be ready in 7 days. However, it is also customizable as you can pick and choose from our video library, add a custom welcome video or add your own content in mp4 format (just send us your videos).
How long is the orientation for online learners?Our online orientation is approximately 25-minutes and is complemented by over 5 hours of on-demand support content.
What is included with the 20 online student support workshops?Our workshops are interactive and on-demand, and each workshop comes with a tailored action plan, additional resources, captioning in English & Spanish, transcripts, and a certificate of completion.
What student support topics are available?
View all 20 topics. Each skill-building training is a stand-alone workshop and can be viewed in any order. However, we have organized them into 4 overarching categories:
- Online Learning Skills
- Study Strategies & Test-Taking Skills
- Personal Management & Success Skills
- Research & Writing
Is your orientation & support for online learners ADA compliant?OnlineLingo is ADA accessible WCAG 2.0 AA standards, and we can provide a VPAT upon request.
Is your orientation & support for online learners mobile responsive?Yes. OnlineLingo (OL) is responsive on any mobile device, tablet, or computer.
What reporting options are available with your orientation & support for online learners?
You can receive completion reports two ways:
- Automated delivery (ftp dump, email, webhook)
- Instant access via administrative login
How are colleges using OnlineLingo?
Colleges are using IE’s solution in several ways:
- As a stand-alone orientation to online learning
- As a support tool for students taking online classes
- As a resource for faculty so that they can focus on classroom content
Does your orientation for online learners require involvement from our college IT department?The beauty of our orientation solution is that IT involvement is not required. However, if you want to have single-sign-on or data integration, then please refer to our Knowledge Base as IT will need to be involved.
Are there various pricing options available for orientation & support for online learners?Yes. Pricing is dependent on the scope of work. In order for us to give you accurate pricing, please schedule a demo.
Do you offer any discounts for your orientation & support for online learners?
Yes, we offer several kinds of discounts, so be sure to speak with our partner relations team.
- We offer multi-year discounts when contracting for more than one year and paying upfront.
- We offer bundling discounts when you buy multiple products.
- Also, schools have used CARES funding and grant funds to pay for our products. Please check HEERF guidelines.
- There is reduced pricing available for California colleges as part of our agreement with CollegeBuys