Micro-Credentialing | A Training Toolkit For Student Orientation Leaders: Developing Effective Leadership Skills
What Is Micro-Credentialing?
A micro-credential is a short, competency-based recognition that allows an educator to demonstrate mastery in a particular area.
Providing a comprehensive training for orientation leaders can come with challenges: the constraint of students’ time and schedules, the often high turnover in student leaders semester to semester, addressing diverse learning styles while not wanting to overwhelm with too much content. How can institutions provide orientation leader training that addresses critical topics such as addressing student safety, managing difficult discussions, and developing collaboration skills? By leveraging this Orientation Leader Micro-credential, orientation teams can ensure consistent training resources that support student and team development. Utilizing this micro-credential provides a foundation to ensure student orientation leaders possess a common understanding of their unique roles and responsibilities while developing the skills needed to be an effective leader. As a result, teams can focus face-to-face training time on institution-specific knowledge. Join us for this 4-part micro-credentialing series designed to prepare student leaders to serve as orientation leaders addressing common challenges and training needs.
Registration is individually-based, allowing participants to customize their learning experience. Participants are required to view 4 required workshops.
- Four on-demand sessions focused on preparing students to be effective orientation leaders
- A self-directed, on-demand learning format allows student leaders to start and stop the learning experience at any time
- A comprehensive training package that communicates students' knowledge, skills, achievements, and competencies to potential employers
- A certificate verifying that students have learned skills that differentiate them both academically and professionally
- A cost-effective training program which can be used to build highly-skilled teams, prepare orientation leaders, and develop skills that will ultimately improve orientation leader retention
Institutions can purchase one or many seats. Discounts available.
The following 4 courses are required to earn the credential:
- Guiding The Way: Fundamental Leadership Skills For Student Orientation Leaders
- Crafting Unforgettable Orientation Experiences: Strategies For Engagement & Connection
- How To Handle Difficult Situations As An Orientation Leader: Navigating Disruptions & Ensuring Safety
- Advocacy In Action: The Orientation Leader's Guide To Building Inclusive Communities
Guiding The Way: Fundamental Leadership Skills For Student Orientation Leaders
Available on November 15th, 2023Overview
Through a series of interactive discussions, participants will share insights into the dynamic role of student leadership in higher education, gaining perspective into their responsibilities as leaders, friends, and peers. Students will also learn strategies for time management, more assertive communication, and becoming partners in sharing institutional knowledge. The presenter will share tips for connecting new students to campus life, understanding the next generation of new students, and managing personal employment information.
- Articulate the diverse roles of student leadership in higher education.
- Strategies for efficient time management in academic and leadership roles.
- Enhance their communication skills for better connections within the campus community.
- Learn the importance and methods of sharing institutional knowledge.
- Learn how to integrate new students into campus life and manage personal employment details.
Crafting Unforgettable Orientation Experiences: Strategies For Engagement & Connection
Available on November 15th, 2023
Join our insightful webinar, where we delve into the essentials of crafting memorable orientation experiences. We'll explore effective presentation techniques, ways to heighten in-person engagements, strategies for seamless live remote sessions, and guidance for efficient campus navigation. Whether you're focused on team engagement, student inspiration, or simplifying campus journeys, this session is tailored to ensure students embark on a rewarding academic adventure.
- Equip attendees with the skills to craft impactful orientation experiences.
- Introduce effective presentation techniques tailored for diverse audiences.
- Enhance in-person engagements for memorable student interactions.
- Provide strategies for conducting smooth and interactive live remote sessions.
- Offer insights into simplifying and improving campus navigation for students.
How To Handle Difficult Situations As An Orientation Leader: Navigating Disruptions & Ensuring Safety
Available on November 15th, 2023
In this comprehensive online training, orientation leaders will gain the knowledge and skills to address three critical issues: disruptions, difficult conversations, and safety and reporting. Through interactive modules and practical exercises, leaders will learn strategies to manage disruptions, navigate sensitive conversations, and prioritize the safety of participants. Join us to empower your orientation leaders and create a safe and inclusive environment for new students.
- Equip orientation leaders with tools to handle disruptions effectively.
- Enhance leaders' ability to navigate and mediate sensitive and challenging conversations.
- Reinforce the importance of participant safety and familiarize leaders with reporting protocols.
- Foster an inclusive environment that promotes mutual respect and understanding among new students.
- Encourage proactive engagement through interactive modules and real-world exercises for optimal learning.
Advocacy In Action: The Orientation Leader's Guide To Building Inclusive Communities
Available on November 15th, 2023Overview
In the dynamic milieu of today's educational campuses, there's a pronounced need to train orientation leaders to create genuinely inclusive spaces. As student demographics evolve, these leaders must be adept at navigating new norms, ensuring every student feels valued and included. This endeavor extends beyond passive acceptance; it demands a proactive approach to identifying barriers and championing the voices of marginalized communities. A cornerstone of this training is a comprehensive understanding of allyship and the pivotal role of Title IX, ensuring gender equity and fostering a balanced educational environment.
Furthermore, the webinar emphasizes empowering leaders through advocacy, enabling them to support underrepresented groups robustly. This is complemented by highlighting influential community reporting mechanisms, ensuring students have trustworthy avenues to express concerns. The training equips leaders with intercultural competency with growing campus diversity, fostering a campus culture rooted in mutual respect and profound inclusivity.
- Equip orientation leaders with tools to foster campus inclusivity proactively.
- Enhance understanding and application of Title IX for gender equity.
- Empower leaders with advocacy skills to champion underrepresented voices.
- Promote effective community reporting mechanisms for addressing concerns.
- Develop intercultural competency for bridging diverse student groups.