Understanding The Battle Mind: Creating A “One Stop” Support Center For Veterans On Campus
It is critical that colleges and universities understand the “battle mind” of a combat veteran and how best to support these returning soldiers in the campus environment. Campuses that make the effort to become military friendly by creating a “one stop” center of support will realize higher retention and graduation rates of their military students.
In this webinar, we will explore the rationale and step-by-step implementation of a “one stop” support center for military veterans returning to college campuses. By recognizing the normal human responses to traumatic events that shape the character of the military student, participants will leave with a better understanding of their experience and thus, a greater ability to offer the support these students need. Concrete steps and plans for implementing a “one stop” support center at your institution will also be discussed.
- Learn about many of the normal human responses to traumatic events that shape the character of the military student
- Discuss the resulting symptoms of response to trauma that can impact a military student’s ability to successfully transition from military culture to college culture
- Realize the importance of establishing a transitional “one stop” center for veteran support
- Review plans and steps for developing a center on their own campus
Who should attend?
- 2 & 4-year institutions
- Veterans Services
- Student Services/Affairs
- Outreach Personnel
- Campus Financial Executives
- Community Partners (Chamber of Commerce, Churches)