On-Demand Training: Be Prepared: Survival Tips for Violent Situations on Campus
$1750 for your choice of 12 presentations (If purchased individually $3540)
$1200 for your choice of 6 presentations (If purchased individually $1770)
$750 for your choice of 3 presentations (If purchased individually $885)
$295 for one presentation
View registration steps below
This presentation will cover what to do to survive a violent attack in the classroom, in a building or on a college campus. Dan Corsentino will share Security-Safety scenario based training to increase your survival during a violent incident.
- Scenario One: Gunman, or multiple gunmen on campus…who has what responsibility?
- Scenario Two: You are a hostage. What do you do to survive?
- Scenario Three: Profile those that are profiling you.
Participants will learn how to:
- anticipate danger
- visualize an escape
- create a mindset of survival
Who should attend?
- All students
- Administrators & staff
- Campus security
Who is the speaker?
Dan Corsentino served as Sheriff of Pueblo County from January 1991 through January 2003. Corsentino retired in January 2007 and is recognized as the longest serving sheriff in Pueblo, Colorado history. During his tenure as Sherriff, he successfully changed the values, culture, and self-confidence of an organization that previously suffered through twenty-eight years of corruption. He is recognized throughout the State of Colorado, as well as the Western United States, as an agent for change and able leader.
After September 11, 2001, Corsentino was invited to Washington, D.C. to meet with FBI Director, Robert Mueller to discuss international terrorism in the United States. The Police Executive Research Forum (PERF), of which Corsentino is also a member, sponsored a meeting where he and seven other chiefs represented local law enforcement throughout the United States.
In 1999, Corsentino was invited to teach a course entitled “Leading Organizational Change” at Pennsylvania State University’s Institute for Continuing Justice Education and Research. Corsentino is presently an adjunct instructor at Colorado State University and Pueblo Community College in Pueblo, Colorado. His presentations include Law Enforcement in the 21st Century, Policing in the Future, Value-Centered Leadership Issues in Police Administration andHistory and Sociology of Law Enforcement. In addition, he continues to instruct and lecture throughout the United States on current issues involving law enforcement and corrections.
Dan Corsentino is a graduate of Harvard University’s John F. Kennedy School of Government Senior Executive Management Program in Cambridge, Massachusetts. In addition, he completed the National Federal Bureau of Investigation Law Enforcement Executive Development Seminar in Quantico, Virginia. In March of 1993, Corsentino graduated from the prestigious National FBI Academy (172nd session) in Quantico, Virginia. He is also a graduate of the School of Police Staff and Command at Northwestern University Traffic Institute in Chicago, Illinois. Additionally, Corsentino holds a Master’s degree in Public Administration and a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science from the University of Colorado.
How do I register?
You can purchase a single presentation or a pack of 3, 6 or 12. To register, add the product(s) to your cart and enter the appropriate coupon code if purchasing more than two events.
Coupon code for 12 presentations - 12ondemand
Coupon code for 6 presentations - 6ondemand
Coupon code for 3 presentations - 3ondemand
Or you can register via fax by clicking on this form: Paper-based registration form
How does it work?
1. We email you a link and password that will give you access to the On-Demand Training presentations
2. You distribute the link and password to your entire faculty and staff via email
3. You will have access to these links indefinitely
What are the benefits of on-demand trainings?
- Accessible: Email the trainings to your entire faculty and staff, so they can take advantage of training opportunities anytime, anywhere. They can watch in the comfort of their office, their home or while traveling.
- Cost-Effective: No travel required. An innovative way to provide your entire faculty and staff with a variety of professional development opportunities for one low price! The more you train – the more you save, as the registration fee is per institution, not per person.
- Easy: It’s as easy as point, click, participate. And if you run into any problems, we’re always here to help.
- Practical: Our training sessions focus on the most critical and relevant issues facing educators today. Our primary goal is to provide participants with the information, training and skills necessary to immediately implement positive change at their institutions.
- Top-Notch Speakers: Our speakers are subject matter experts and recognized in their field.
- No Expiration: When you purchase an On-Demand Training, it is yours indefinitely. You can use it whenever and as often as you want, offering consistent training to all of your hires.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Our On-Demand Trainings are 100% guaranteed. Thus, there is no risk. If you are not completely satisfied, we will refund your money in full.
How will we use these trainings?
- Hybrid Professional Development: Distribute an On-Demand Training to faculty and staff at the beginning of each month and plan a discussion session at the end of the month to determine how you will implement the strategies presented.
- Online Faculty and Staff Learning Communities: Distribute On-Demand Trainings to faculty and staff so they can watch anytime, anywhere. Contact Innovative Educators at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will create an online discussion group specifically for your institution at no extra charge.
- In-Service Training: Plan a day and time to show an On-Demand Training in a lecture hall or large conference room and invite faculty and staff to attend – debrief immediately following the presentation.
- Staff Recognition: Develop a program around the On-Demand Trainings with monthly themes and recognize the staff members that implement the best idea related to the theme.
- Team-Building: Utilize these On-Demand Trainings to develop cross-functional and cross-discipline teams to foster collegiality.
- New Employee Training: Include these trainings as part of your new employee training program to ensure consistency.
- Implementation and Follow-Up: Use the guide and evaluation materials provided by Innovative Educators to plan, implement and track your progress.