On-Demand Training: Improving Veteran Services: Initiatives To Help You Assist Your Veterans As They Transition From Military To Academic Life
$1750 for your choice of 12 presentations (If purchased individually $3540)
$1200 for your choice of 6 presentations (If purchased individually $1770)
$750 for your choice of 3 presentations (If purchased individually $885)
$295 for one presentation
View registration steps below
The transition from military to college can be overwhelming and deters many veterans from starting or staying in school. Campuses play an important role in veterans' reintegration back into the community. As a school representative have you ever wondered how you can assist your veteran population transition from military to academic life? See how the University of Minnesota enhanced its services for student veterans and explore ways you can improve the academic success and well being of your student veterans. This session will contain topics such as reintegration; orientation programs; communicating effectively with veterans; planning a veteran appreciation day event; creating a veteran advisory committee on your campus; and tips on how to develop an effective veterans-services website.
The University of Minnesota's One Stop Student Services, a best practices model for veteran services, will share information on the challenges veterans face when transitioning to civilian life. See how the University of Minnesota enhanced its services for student vetearns and explore ways you can improve the academic success and well being of your student veterans.
Who Should Attend?
Institutional veteran certification officers and leaders driving the change to assist student veterans in transition from military to academic life will learn how to incorporate new initiatives and determine which changes are right for their college or university. This could include directors of enrollment services or student services, and change managers. Leaders from financial aid and registration offices would also benefit.
Who are the Speakers?
Mary Koskan - Director, One Stop Student Service Center, University of Minnesota
Mary Koskan is the director of the One Stop Student Services at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities. Her office has responsibility for the certification of veteran’s educational benefits. Mary served on Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty’s Yellow Ribbon task force in higher education to ease the way for student veterans. She led a team in the design and successful implementation of initiatives which has become a best practices model in higher education for addressing the needs and issues of student veterans.
Carin Anderson – Senior Veteran Coordinator, University of Minnesota
Carin Anderson is the Senior Veterans Coordinator with One Stop Student Services at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities. Carin is responsible for the veterans and military education benefits certification process at the University of Minnesota. Carin is a veteran herself who served in Iraq with the Wisconsin National Guard from 2003-2004. After serving overseas, she returned to school to finish her undergraduate degree and experienced firsthand the difficulties of the transition from military to student life. Carin is able to use this experience when working with veterans on campus.
How do I register?
You can purchase a single presentation or a pack of 3, 6 or 12. To register, add the product(s) to your cart and enter the appropriate coupon code if purchasing more than two events.
Coupon code for 12 presentations - 12ondemand
Coupon code for 6 presentations - 6ondemand
Coupon code for 3 presentations - 3ondemand
Or you can register via fax by clicking on this form: Paper-based registration form
How does it work?
1. We email you a link and password that will give you access to the On-Demand Training presentations
2. You distribute the link and password to your entire faculty and staff via email
3. You will have access to these links indefinitely
What are the benefits of on-demand trainings?
- Accessible: Email the trainings to your entire faculty and staff, so they can take advantage of training opportunities anytime, anywhere. They can watch in the comfort of their office, their home or while traveling.
- Cost-Effective: No travel required. An innovative way to provide your entire faculty and staff with a variety of professional development opportunities for one low price! The more you train – the more you save, as the registration fee is per institution, not per person.
- Easy: It’s as easy as point, click, participate. And if you run into any problems, we’re always here to help.
- Practical: Our training sessions focus on the most critical and relevant issues facing educators today. Our primary goal is to provide participants with the information, training and skills necessary to immediately implement positive change at their institutions.
- Top-Notch Speakers: Our speakers are subject matter experts and recognized in their field.
- No Expiration: When you purchase an On-Demand Training, it is yours indefinitely. You can use it whenever and as often as you want, offering consistent training to all of your hires.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Our On-Demand Trainings are 100% guaranteed. Thus, there is no risk. If you are not completely satisfied, we will refund your money in full.
How will we use these trainings?
- Hybrid Professional Development: Distribute an On-Demand Training to faculty and staff at the beginning of each month and plan a discussion session at the end of the month to determine how you will implement the strategies presented.
- Online Faculty and Staff Learning Communities: Distribute On-Demand Trainings to faculty and staff so they can watch anytime, anywhere. Contact Innovative Educators at email@example.com and we will create an online discussion group specifically for your institution at no extra charge.
- In-Service Training: Plan a day and time to show an On-Demand Training in a lecture hall or large conference room and invite faculty and staff to attend – debrief immediately following the presentation.
- Staff Recognition: Develop a program around the On-Demand Trainings with monthly themes and recognize the staff members that implement the best idea related to the theme.
- Team-Building: Utilize these On-Demand Trainings to develop cross-functional and cross-discipline teams to foster collegiality.
- New Employee Training: Include these trainings as part of your new employee training program to ensure consistency.
- Implementation and Follow-Up: Use the guide and evaluation materials provided by Innovative Educators to plan, implement and track your progress.