On-Demand Training; Building Hope for Rural Survival: The Role of Colleges & Universities in Rural Community Development
Buy this single session or purchase a package deal and save!
$1750 for your choice of 12 presentations (If purchased individually $3540)
$1200 for your choice of 6 presentations (If purchased individually $1770)
$750 for your choice of 3 presentations (If purchased individually $885)
$295 for one presentation
View registration steps below
In rural communities the link between access to education and community development is imperative. Through involvement in community development activities, rural college presidents and trustees bring together community stakeholders to shape a community vision. Learn a simple 10 step process to build hope in your community.
- Participants will gain an understanding of the issues rural communities face in mobilizing and implementing development efforts.
- Participants will learn the important role rural community colleges play in community development.
- Participants will develop an action plan based on Hicswa’s 10 step Community Development Model to implement upon returning to their community.
Who should attend?
College Vice Presidents & Deans
Members of community organizations
CEOs of banks, hospitals, economic development organization, etc
Community leaders interested in mobilizing action for rural community development
Who is the speaker?
Stefani Gray Hicswa became the 7th president of Miles Community College in Miles City, Montana July 1, 2006. She is the college’s first woman president and at 39 she is one of the country’s youngest college presidents. She has served as an administrator at Parkland College in Champaign, Illinois, Cy Fair College in Houston, Texas, and Flathead Valley Community College in Montana where she served as the Director of the Lincoln County Campus in Libby.
Stefani earned a PhD in Educational Administration from The University of Texas at Austin and a master’s in Adult Education from Montana State University in Bozeman. Her undergraduate degree is in Organizational Communication from The University of Montana.
Stefani lives in Miles City with her husband, Scott, and two sons, Kalin and Keegan where they enjoy the many outdoor recreational opportunities in the area.
How do I register?
You can purchase a single presentation or a pack of 3, 6 or 12. To register, add the product(s) to your cart and enter the appropriate coupon code if purchasing more than two events.
Coupon code for 12 presentations - 12ondemand
Coupon code for 6 presentations - 6ondemand
Coupon code for 3 presentations - 3ondemand
Or you can register via fax by clicking on this form: Paper-based registration form
How does it work?
1. We email you a link and password that will give you access to the On-Demand Training presentations
2. You distribute the link and password to your entire faculty and staff via email
3. You will have access to these links indefinitely
What are the benefits of on-demand trainings?
- Accessible: Email the trainings to your entire faculty and staff, so they can take advantage of training opportunities anytime, anywhere. They can watch in the comfort of their office, their home or while traveling.
- Cost-Effective: No travel required. An innovative way to provide your entire faculty and staff with a variety of professional development opportunities for one low price! The more you train – the more you save, as the registration fee is per institution, not per person.
- Easy: It’s as easy as point, click, participate. And if you run into any problems, we’re always here to help.
- Practical: Our training sessions focus on the most critical and relevant issues facing educators today. Our primary goal is to provide participants with the information, training and skills necessary to immediately implement positive change at their institutions.
- Top-Notch Speakers: Our speakers are subject matter experts and recognized in their field.
- No Expiration: When you purchase an On-Demand Training, it is yours indefinitely. You can use it whenever and as often as you want, offering consistent training to all of your hires.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Our On-Demand Trainings are 100% guaranteed. Thus, there is no risk. If you are not completely satisfied, we will refund your money in full.
How will we use these trainings?
- Hybrid Professional Development: Distribute an On-Demand Training to faculty and staff at the beginning of each month and plan a discussion session at the end of the month to determine how you will implement the strategies presented.
- Online Faculty and Staff Learning Communities: Distribute On-Demand Trainings to faculty and staff so they can watch anytime, anywhere. Contact Innovative Educators at email@example.com and we will create an online discussion group specifically for your institution at no extra charge.
- In-Service Training: Plan a day and time to show an On-Demand Training in a lecture hall or large conference room and invite faculty and staff to attend – debrief immediately following the presentation.
- Staff Recognition: Develop a program around the On-Demand Trainings with monthly themes and recognize the staff members that implement the best idea related to the theme.
- Team-Building: Utilize these On-Demand Trainings to develop cross-functional and cross-discipline teams to foster collegiality.
- New Employee Training: Include these trainings as part of your new employee training program to ensure consistency.
- Implementation and Follow-Up: Use the guide and evaluation materials provided by Innovative Educators to plan, implement and track your progress.