On-Demand Training: Web Authoring Principles For Focused And Effective Content
Buy this single session or purchase a package deal and save!
$1750 for your choice of 12 presentations (If purchased individually $3540)
$1200 for your choice of 6 presentations (If purchased individually $1770)
$750 for your choice of 3 presentations (If purchased individually $885)
$295 for one presentation
View registration steps below
In today's web world of user expectation, every page on your web site must catch the attention of the visitor. Anybody can visit any Web page at any time, making it almost impossible for you to dictate the message. With search engines becoming the starting point for so many Web sessions, your content must also be relevant enough to be found in the first place. Without focused, timely, and relevant content, you may lose the opportunity to answer their questions and move them forward in the relationship.
During this session, we will cover:
- Core principles of an effective web page. Why is page layout and content sequence important? Find ways to focus visitors to page-level content and move through the site effectively.
- Content relationships that serve your audiences. "Next Step Navigation" is the principle of driving site visitors to relevant actions and information after they accomplish their goals. On every page, you should understand the purpose, the audience, and what you want them to do next. We will walk through examples and techniques for authors to determine how to push audiences through the relationship.
- Elements to improve search relevance. An ongoing statistic has been that half of all Web users are searchers, rather than navigators. And with Google being the #1 visited Web site, so many visitors find you not by your URL, but by a search results page. Also, how would you rate your site search tool? Oftentimes, it is not the technology, but rather the quality of content in relation to search terms. We will break down page elements as they relate to search algorithms, as well as cover tips and tricks for authors to make their pages more search-friendly.
Who should attend?
Vice Presidents and Deans
Information Technology Professionals
College stakeholders involved in adoption of technology on-campus
Anyone with stake in site ROI or authoring
Anyone interested in improving your institution's website
Who is the speaker?
Hodgson has served in higher education for the past decade helping colleges use their Web site to advance marketing and communications initiatives. As a consultant the past four years with Stamats, a higher education marketing firm, and Estrada, a content management provider, Hodgson has helped colleges and universities implement content management as a philosophy across the institution, identify Web goals and direction as a long-term plan, including budgeting, and improve content through writing workshops and author identification
Prior to consulting, Hodgson built college and university Web sites, including architecture, feature specification, template development, testing, content development, and staff training.
Constantly on the road, Hodgson speaks at several higher education conferences, including CASE, ACT, eduWeb, and regional advancement and Web organizations. He sits on the eduWeb Conference Advisory Board and regulary contributes to their blogas a guest author. He also manages the Fuzzy Content blogwith other higher education professionals.
How do I register?
You can purchase a single presentation or a pack of 3, 6 or 12. To register, add the product(s) to your cart and enter the appropriate coupon code if purchasing more than two events.
Coupon code for 12 presentations - 12ondemand
Coupon code for 6 presentations - 6ondemand
Coupon code for 3 presentations - 3ondemand
Or you can register via fax by clicking on this form: Paper-based registration form
How does it work?
1. We email you a link and password that will give you access to the On-Demand Training presentations
2. You distribute the link and password to your entire faculty and staff via email
3. You will have access to these links indefinitely
What are the benefits of on-demand trainings?
- Accessible: Email the trainings to your entire faculty and staff, so they can take advantage of training opportunities anytime, anywhere. They can watch in the comfort of their office, their home or while traveling.
- Cost-Effective: No travel required. An innovative way to provide your entire faculty and staff with a variety of professional development opportunities for one low price! The more you train – the more you save, as the registration fee is per institution, not per person.
- Easy: It’s as easy as point, click, participate. And if you run into any problems, we’re always here to help.
- Practical: Our training sessions focus on the most critical and relevant issues facing educators today. Our primary goal is to provide participants with the information, training and skills necessary to immediately implement positive change at their institutions.
- Top-Notch Speakers: Our speakers are subject matter experts and recognized in their field.
- No Expiration: When you purchase an On-Demand Training, it is yours indefinitely. You can use it whenever and as often as you want, offering consistent training to all of your hires.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Our On-Demand Trainings are 100% guaranteed. Thus, there is no risk. If you are not completely satisfied, we will refund your money in full.
How will we use these trainings?
- Hybrid Professional Development: Distribute an On-Demand Training to faculty and staff at the beginning of each month and plan a discussion session at the end of the month to determine how you will implement the strategies presented.
- Online Faculty and Staff Learning Communities: Distribute On-Demand Trainings to faculty and staff so they can watch anytime, anywhere. Contact Innovative Educators at email@example.com and we will create an online discussion group specifically for your institution at no extra charge.
- In-Service Training: Plan a day and time to show an On-Demand Training in a lecture hall or large conference room and invite faculty and staff to attend – debrief immediately following the presentation.
- Staff Recognition: Develop a program around the On-Demand Trainings with monthly themes and recognize the staff members that implement the best idea related to the theme.
- Team-Building: Utilize these On-Demand Trainings to develop cross-functional and cross-discipline teams to foster collegiality.
- New Employee Training: Include these trainings as part of your new employee training program to ensure consistency.
- Implementation and Follow-Up: Use the guide and evaluation materials provided by Innovative Educators to plan, implement and track your progress.