Free Tips, Tricks, and Technology Tools for Teachers
Register and you will receive a link to the on-demand training on the confirmation page.
You may also be interested in:
As our world becomes more wired, crowd sourcing and individual contributions begin to add to the collective community resources, and the software and hardware increase in power and presence. Increasingly, the tools we can use are freely available for download or use online. In this engaging hands-on workshop, we'll examine just a few of the most useful, clever, cool, and basic thing you ought to know about when using computers in education. From basic keyboard shortcuts, to useful little utilities, to jaw dropping resources, we'll run the gamut. You may have seen some of these, and you may not want others, but we guarantee you'll take away something of use.
Participants will start with some basics - keyboard shortcuts and file management tips that only take a second to master, but are useful forever. Sure you know how to copy and paste, but how do you view your files, or rename everything at once, or duplicate with a drag? Then we move on to using a browser.
Tools to be discussed:
- Open Office
- Google Docs
- Google Apps
- Google forms
- Wikipedia + Wikimedia resources
- Windows Movie Maker
- My DropBox
- CoMapping (or Cayra or bubbl.us)
- flickr -ransomizer, color associator,
- elluminate vrooms
Who should attend?
- Faculty (full and part-time) at 2 and 4-year, public and private institutions
- Anyone interested in learning useful tools, resources and tricks for using computers in education
Who is the speaker?
D.I. von Briesen has been teaching for over 15 years, and teaching technology for over 10. He specializes in evangelizing technology in education, with a focus on distance education, virtual worlds, and open platforms. He holds a faculty position with Central Piedmont Community College in the Information Technology Division with related roles in the Center for Sustainability - and is the creator of the EcoBox - a self-contained, off-the-grid living workshop and environmental lab made out of a shipping container. He owns and maintains 33 domains, and numerous related websites. D.I. lives in Charlotte with his wife of 19 years and their five children.
You can purchase a single presentation or a pack of 3, 6 or 12. The more you buy, the more you save. For a single presentation, add the product to your cart and follow the steps. If purchasing more than two events, add the products to your cart and enter the appropriate coupon code.
Package Deals (for our products costing $345):
3 presentations for $750 - enter coupon code 3ondemand when registering (Save $285)
6 presentations for $1395 - enter coupon code 6ondemand when registering (Save $675)
12 presentations for $2140 - enter coupon code 12ondemand when registering (Save $2000)
If you are interested in ordering multiple presentations that involve our products priced at $200 or $545, please contact Val at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-775-6004 for the multiple discount. Please note: a presentation costing $545 counts as two presentations, as these trainings consist of two sessions.
How does it work?
1. We email you a link and password that will give you access to the On-Demand Training presentations
2. You distribute the link and password to your entire faculty and staff via email
3. You will have access to these links for one full year
What are the benefits of On-Demand Trainings?
- Accessible: Email the trainings to your entire faculty and staff, so they can take advantage of training opportunities anytime, anywhere. They can watch in the comfort of their office, their home or while traveling.
- Cost-Effective: No travel required. An innovative way to provide your entire faculty and staff with a variety of professional development opportunities for one low price! The more you train, the more you save. The registration fee is per institution, not per person.
- Easy: It's as easy as point, click, participate. If you run into any problems, we're always here to help.
- Practical: Our training sessions focus on the most critical and relevant issues facing educators today. Our primary goal is to provide participants with the information, training and skills necessary to immediately implement positive change at their institutions.
- Top-Notch Speakers: Our speakers are subject matter experts and recognized in their field.
- Flexible: When you purchase an On-Demand Training, it is yours for one full year.You can use it whenever and as often as you want during the year, offering consistent training to all of your hires.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Our On-Demand Trainings are 100% guaranteed. Thus, there is no risk. If you are not completely satisfied, we will refund your money in full.
How will we use these trainings?
- Hybrid Professional Development: Distribute an On-Demand Training to faculty and staff at the beginning of each month and plan a discussion session at the end of the month to determine how you will implement the strategies presented.
- Online Faculty and Staff Learning Communities: Distribute On-Demand Trainings to faculty and staff so they can watch anytime, anywhere. Contact Innovative Educators at email@example.com and we will create an online discussion group specifically for your institution at no extra charge.
- In-Service Training: Plan a day and time to show an On-Demand Training in a lecture hall or large conference room and invite faculty and staff to attend a debrief immediately following the presentation.
- Staff Recognition: Develop a program around the On-Demand Trainings with monthly themes and recognize the staff members that implement the best idea related to the theme.
- Team-Building: Utilize these On-Demand Trainings to develop cross-functional and cross-discipline teams to foster collegiality.
- New Employee Training: Include these trainings as part of your new employee training program to ensure consistency.
- Implementation and Follow-Up: Use the guide and evaluation materials provided by Innovative Educators to plan, implement and track your progress.
If you have any questions, please contact Val at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-775-6004 for more information.