Proven Enrollment Management Principles and Practices for Community Colleges
As the enrollment management phenomenon permeates the higher education landscape and increasingly emerges as a strategic issue on community college campuses, it is important to have a common understanding of enrollment management concepts and models, the uniqueness of community colleges as it relates to enrollment management, and related strategies. Key concepts such as the relationship continuum, integration, the enrollment funnel, branding, marketing, student recruitment, student retention, and student services will be addressed. Participants will gain a broad understanding of enrollment management along with best practices in community colleges.
1) Gain a broad understanding of enrollment management principles and concepts.
2) Learn about best practices in community colleges.
Who should attend?
- Vice Presidents
- Academic Deans
- Enrollment Managers
- Admissions Officers
- Retention Officers
- Marketing Staff
Who is the speaker?
The president and CEO of SEM WORKS, Dr. Jim Black, is the founder of the National Conference on Student Retention in Small Colleges and co-founder of the National Small College Admissions Conference and the National Small College Enrollment Conference. He formerly served as the director of AACRAO’s Strategic Enrollment Management Conference. Dr. Black has published numerous articles and book chapters including a feature article in College & University, Creating Customer Delight; a chapter, Creating a Student-Centered Culture, for a book on best practices in student services published by SCUP and sponsored by IBM; a chapter on enrollment management in a Jossey-Bass book on student academic services; as well as a bimonthly feature in The Greentree Gazette. Among his other published works is a monograph titled, Navigating Change in the New Millennium: Strategies for Enrollment Leaders and a book he recently edited, The Strategic Enrollment Management Revolution considered to be a groundbreaking publication for the enrollment management profession, Gen Xers Return to College, and Essentials of Enrollment Management: Cases in the Field.
Black was honored as the recipient of the 2005 AACRAO Distinguished Service Award. He has been interviewed by publications such as The Chronicle of Higher Education, Converge Magazine, The Enrollment Management Report, The Lawlor Review, and was interviewed for AACRAO’s Data Dispenser. Black also was featured in an international teleconference on enrollment management sponsored by The Center for the Freshman Year Experience at the University of South Carolina, and a PBS broadcast on “Blending High Tech and High Touch Student Services”. Since 1999, Jim Black has been an IBM Best Practices Partner, one of only twenty-three in the world. He was invited by The College Board to Heidelberg, Germany, to evaluate the APIEL Exam and most recently was invited to lead conferences on enrollment management and student services in the United Kingdom and the Netherlands.
Dr. Black has served on the boards of several technology companies and has consulted with companies such as Microsoft and the SAS Institute. Higher education clients have included two-year, four-year, public, and private institutions.
You can purchase a single presentation or a pack of 3, 6 or 12. The more you buy, the more you save. For a single presentation, add the product to your cart and follow the steps. If purchasing more than two events, add the products to your cart and enter the appropriate coupon code.
Package Deals (for our products costing $345):
3 presentations for $750 - enter coupon code 3ondemand when registering (Save $285)
6 presentations for $1395 - enter coupon code 6ondemand when registering (Save $675)
12 presentations for $2140 - enter coupon code 12ondemand when registering (Save $2000)
If you are interested in ordering multiple presentations that involve our products priced at $200 or $545, please contact Val at email@example.com or call 303-775-6004 for the multiple discount. Please note: a presentation costing $545 counts as two presentations, as these trainings consist of two sessions.
How does it work?
1. We email you a link and password that will give you access to the On-Demand Training presentations
2. You distribute the link and password to your entire faculty and staff via email
3. You will have access to these links for one full year
What are the benefits of On-Demand Trainings?
- Accessible: Email the trainings to your entire faculty and staff, so they can take advantage of training opportunities anytime, anywhere. They can watch in the comfort of their office, their home or while traveling.
- Cost-Effective: No travel required. An innovative way to provide your entire faculty and staff with a variety of professional development opportunities for one low price! The more you train, the more you save. The registration fee is per institution, not per person.
- Easy: It's as easy as point, click, participate. If you run into any problems, we're always here to help.
- Practical: Our training sessions focus on the most critical and relevant issues facing educators today. Our primary goal is to provide participants with the information, training and skills necessary to immediately implement positive change at their institutions.
- Top-Notch Speakers: Our speakers are subject matter experts and recognized in their field.
- Flexible: When you purchase an On-Demand Training, it is yours for one full year. You can use it whenever and as often as you want during the year, offering consistent training to all of your hires.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Our On-Demand Trainings are 100% guaranteed. Thus, there is no risk. If you are not completely satisfied, we will refund your money in full.
How will we use these trainings?
- Hybrid Professional Development: Distribute an On-Demand Training to faculty and staff at the beginning of each month and plan a discussion session at the end of the month to determine how you will implement the strategies presented.
- Online Faculty and Staff Learning Communities: Distribute On-Demand Trainings to faculty and staff so they can watch anytime, anywhere. Contact Innovative Educators at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will create an online discussion group specifically for your institution at no extra charge.
- In-Service Training: Plan a day and time to show an On-Demand Training in a lecture hall or large conference room and invite faculty and staff to attend a debrief immediately following the presentation.
- Staff Recognition: Develop a program around the On-Demand Trainings with monthly themes and recognize the staff members that implement the best idea related to the theme.
- Team-Building: Utilize these On-Demand Trainings to develop cross-functional and cross-discipline teams to foster collegiality.
- New Employee Training: Include these trainings as part of your new employee training program to ensure consistency.
- Implementation and Follow-Up: Use the guide and evaluation materials provided by Innovative Educators to plan, implement and track your progress.
If you have any questions, please contact Val at email@example.com or call 303-775-6004 for more information.