While some students know exactly what they want to do when they graduate, a majority of college students (especially first-year) are at a loss when it comes to picking a major, much less a future career. This webinar provides you opportunities to assess your interests, skills, and talents and to then understand how your unique characteristics relate to careers.
Students will learn:
- More about their unique skills, interests, and talents through self-assessment
- Where to find resources to explore careers; including informational interviews, career trends, and online research
- How to set short and long term career related goals and will be encouraged to follow up on at least 1 short term goal within 1 week of watching webinar
- The importance of internships to gain experience and explore career opportunities; students will be given
- How to locate and pursue internships
- The connection between choosing a major and a career