Inextricably linked to time management and academic goal setting are the concepts of motivation and procrastination. Students may be able to motivate themselves to the point where they've planned how they’ll use their time, and they've even clearly set the academic goals they'd like to achieve, yet many just don’t follow through and use their schedules, even though they made them. They just can't seem to get motivated. Why is this? What is motivation exactly? How does procrastination affect motivation? In this session, you will learn strategies to combat procrastination and ways to get motivated to reach your goals and achieve academically.
Students will learn:
- What thoughts, feelings, and attitudes fuel procrastination behavior
- The consequences of procrastination
- How to gain control over procrastination
- To identify replacement activities
- Anti-procrastination behaviors and habits
- Solutions for combating procrastination