The various aspects of college life place many demands on your time. Psychologists have studied time management practices extensively and have concluded that effective time management practices have a significant influence on college achievement. Consider that academic achievement takes time and you have to complete a large number of tasks in a short period of time. You may feel overwhelmed and stressed, thus leading you to consider how you might manage your time more effectively. This session will help you do just that: manage your time and behavior, so that you can achieve academically and still have some room for fun.
Students will learn:
- Strategies to self-regulate learning
- The 8-8-8 Formula for effective time management
- To plan for both long and short-term goals
- How to follow a three-tier time management system for college students: creating a semester schedule, designing a weekly schedule, and making a daily schedule
- Tips for following through the time management plan