This webinar will provide an overview of how integrated student services, also known as a “One Stop Shop,” can provide your college or university with seamless student services, as well as collaborative and challenging work environments for your staff. The presenter will discuss student services integration across several dimensions including virtual, physical, and organizational integration. By deconstructing operational silos, streamlining processes, and cross-training staff, operational efficiencies can be gained and students can be provided with holistic counseling experiences.
The presenter will discuss the “One Stop” approach to service, which has been successful for many institutions and will also highlight the University of Minnesota’s successful One Stop Student Services Office. Participants will leave with a thorough understanding of various approaches on creating a One Stop Shop on their campus and will be provided with several handouts including: job descriptions, organizational charts, and a training matrix.
Participants will learn:
- Considerations for developing a “One Stop” student services model including staffing, training, branding, and physical/facilities
- Physical, organizational, and virtual integration
- Various models to streamline student services organizations
- The One Stop Student Services model at the University of Minnesota from the visionary stages through successful post-implementation
- How to leverage technology into seamless self-service Web applications that bring students from “in line” to “online”
- Higher education administrators and staff
- Student services professionals
- Financial aid directors
- Business officers
- Student financial services staff