This session will provide an overview of how integrated student services, also known as the “One Stop Shop,” can provide your college or university with a seamless delivery of student services, as well as a collaborative and challenging work environment for your staff. The presenter will discuss student services integration across several dimensions including virtual, physical, and organizational integration. By deconstructing operational silos, streamlining processes, and cross-training staff, operational efficiencies can been gained and students can be provided with holistic counseling experiences.
The presenter will discuss the “One Stop Shop” approach to service, which has been successful for many institutions, and will highlight the University of Minnesota’s successful One Stop Student Services Office. Participants will leave with a thorough understanding of various approaches to creating a “One Stop Shop” on their campus and will be provided with several handouts including: job descriptions, organizational chart, and a training matrix.
- Review considerations for developing a “One Stop Shop” student services model
- Learn about physical, organizational, and virtual integration
- Discuss various models to streamline student services organizations
- Discover the One Stop Student Services model at the University of Minnesota from the visionary stages through successful post-implementation
- Learn how to leverage technology into seamless self-service Web applications that bring students from “in line” to “online”
- 2-year institutions & 4-year institutions
- Student Services/Affairs
- All Student Services Staff and Departments
- Financial Aid
- Veterans Services
- Enrollment Services
- Front Desk/Customer Service Staff