Are you interested in flipping your classroom but not sure where to begin? Are you curious about this trend and how it can be applied to your college classroom? This webinar will take a close look at what happens when the traditional method of lecturing and assigning homework is reversed; when students receive lectures through video outside of class and use class time to complete homework, solve problems, and collaborate with the instructor and other students.
In this webinar we will prove that flipping college courses is an excellent way to address some of the major concerns in today’s institutions of higher learning. A flipped course can enhance student engagement by maximizing time for problem solving and student–student/ student -teacher interaction. In addition, providing opportunities for off-campus content delivery can address the attendance and scheduling issues experienced by many adult learners. Participants will gain practical suggestions, effective strategies, and a checklist of helpful items to use in developing a flipped format.
NOTE: The issues addressed during the webinar will be universal. Both 2 and 4-year institutions will benefit from the content.
- Be able to define and describe the flipped class model in a community college setting
- Learn how flipping a course can overcome course management issues
- Discuss advantages of the blended format in a flipped classroom
- Gain practical insight from experienced classroom faculty
- Improve alignment of course content to course objectives and/or outcomes
- Distinguish which types of course content are best suited for on-campus rather than off-campus presentations
- Learn how to adapt course materials for flipped format
- Consider strategies for encouraging student engagement in the flipped classroom
- Explore software and technology that enhances course content for off-campus presentation
- Identify resources for off-campus lectures
- 2-year & 4-year institutions
- Faculty (full and part-time)
- Academic Affairs
- Dean of Instruction
- Department Chairs
- Graduate Teaching Assistants
- Education Majors
- Anyone interested in learning more about the flipped classroom model