Veterans Resource Centers On Campus: How To Create, Staff & Fund A Thriving Center
A Veterans Resource Center (VRC) is a powerful way to assist those who defend our country and help them transition successfully to college once they return home. From applying for GI Bill benefits to veterans-only classes and veteran-to-veteran mentoring programs, a VRC plays an important role in the future of a community’s veteran population.
This webinar will show you how to create a Veterans Resource Center (VRC) on your campus: how to staff it, how to get your local veteran community to help run it, and most importantly, how to fund it. We will show the financial and human impact that these centers have had on campuses and communities. We will provide data for over 11,000 student veterans on over 30 campuses on the impact of a VRC.
- Discover how to create a VRC or improve their current center
- Learn the first steps in getting the community involved in planning and funding
- Receive step-by-step instructions on how to involve the local Chamber of Commerce
- Receive a list of the Veteran support agencies that are available in their region
Who Should Attend?
- 2-year institutions & 4-year institutions
- Vice President of Academic Affairs/Instruction
- Vice President of Student Affairs
- Dean of Instruction
- Dean of Student Services/Affairs
- Faculty (full and part-time)
- Career Services
- Enrollment Services
- Residence Life
- Retention Specialist
- Student Life
- Veteran Services