FERPA Regulations For The Online Environment: A Toolkit For Faculty & Staff
Under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), all college employees are legally and ethically obliged to safeguard the confidentiality of student information. Many times this presents unique challenges for faculty and staff who work with students online. Issues that online program employees encounter when following FERPA guidelines while using technology tools in the learning environment are specific and must be explored and understood.
Through real-life scenarios, this webinar will help online staff better understand and apply FERPA to the online environment. Upon completion of the webinar, online staff and faculty will be able to identify online classroom applications of FERPA including implications for grading, student counseling, letters of reference, and student communication.
- Identify online classroom applications of FERPA including implications for grading, student counseling, letters of reference, and student communication
- Review FERPA guidelines as they relate to the role of online programs
- Understand new FERPA regulations pertinent to online education
- Explore real-life FERPA scenarios faced by online programs
Who Should Attend?
- 2-year institutions & 4-year institutions
- Academic Affairs/Instruction
- Student Services/Affairs
- Faculty (full and part-time)
- Student Services Staff
- Human Resources
- Online Learning